Vehicle Wiring Loom Recycling
With the amount of electronics on modern cars, there is a huge amount of wiring in most vehicles which can be recycled upon the disposal of the vehicle. If your vehicle has come to the end of its useful life, we can recycle the copper wiring in it in our state-of-the-art recycling plant.
- The European ELV (End of Live Vehicles) Directive was introduced in January 2007 to minimise the amount of waste that is generated from ELV disposal. The processes required under the Directive include:
- Dismantling – all valuable parts removed
- All fluids such as oil and fuel are removed and recycled
- Tyres, batteries and wheels removed
- Steel removed via magnetic treatment
- Copper separated from aluminium and magnesium by density
We will separate and process all scrap vehicle wiring looms in an efficient and professional manner, adhering to all regulations and legislation. There is a surprising amount of copper wiring in your vehicle, particularly more modern ones, so if your vehicle has reached the end of its useful life, visit Universal Recycling to help minimise the environmental impact of the disposal of your vehicle.